- Our children are our future.
- We want to meet the needs of all children where they are at.
- Assure Lindbergh remains a top tier school district.
- All children should have a sense of belonging.
I have received reports of some materials being divisive in certain fields. I believe a better approach is to present a fair and balanced program that teaches objectively and respects students’ freedom of conscience, promotes engagement of healthy class debate and a sharing of ideas. I also want to promote the following:
- Restore challenge classes in middle school.
- Research proven programs for children with learning disabilities, such as dyslexia.
- Focus on excellence in education and making sure we are giving the tools and means to support our teachers
- Restore math intervention, to assist with students who need additional support
Communications & Transparency:
My platform aims to build up the confidence and trust between the district and the community. This can be done with full transparency about what is being taught and following board approved curriculum. I believe that over time this will enhance communication and reduce concerns observed in recent years.
- Easy access to all curriculum/lessons on the canvas.
- Publishing of all current curriculum and policy updated on the Lindbergh Website
- Create 2-way positive channels of communication, where the community can share feedback and better support the school district.
- Accommodate parental involvement and feedback on educational methods
- Questions of moral values, sexual education, and practices as they pertain to a child’s identity, belief, values, convictions, or immutable characteristics are for the parents to shape and/or promote, not the school. (FERPA/PPRA)
- Parents are the primary responsible representatives and advocates for their own children.